Tropical blossoms make an amazing adjustment from the a lot more standard floral presents such as roses and also gerberas, presuming that they’re available in your area. Their plain and also vibrant appeal makes them an excellent gift for unique events like Mommy’s Day, Valentine’s Day, birthday celebrations and also wedding anniversaries.
If you’re fortunate sufficient to grow exotic blossoms such as heliconias or gingers in your garden, right here are some tips in order to help them prosper and to prolong their shelf life as cut flowers.
1. Water your plants well and provide a large drink before reducing. This is important for vegetation plants as well since some selections “beverage” very little after reducing. Rather, they live off their very own sap.
Tropical plants have actually adjusted to their natural surroundings which usually includes regular but brief durations of hefty rainfall.
Look at the blossom heads and also notice just how the flowers are “cupped” to catch and also store as much water as possible. These plants consume from the top and also like being wet.
Take a look at the pattern on the leaves. The ridges network diluted to the stem where it’s absorbed into the lots of layers of the plant.
2. If your blossoms have actually been out of water for any kind of length of time after cutting, submerge them in the bathroom for half an hour or so.
3. Cut 3 to 4 inches off the stem and afterwards position them in a high vase PACKED WITH tidy water.
4. Utilize a spray container to haze them at least twice a day.
5. Change the water and re-cut the stems every 2 or 3 days.
You could double the vase life of your cut blossoms by utilizing these simple methods.