Natural disasters, (flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, Land Longsong), and deal with it, information tsunami, tsunami warning, earthquake, earthquake-date 2004 tsunami
Natural disasters, (flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, Land Longsong), and deal with it
Have you ever experienced flooding? How do you deal with it? Among you there might be living near rivers prone to flooding. Or may not stay around the river but still flooded. Earthquake kit
Do you know the cause? To answer these questions, we will know in advance what constitutes a natural disaster.
Natural disasters are not only in the form of flooding. There are also earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, hurricanes (typhoons) and others. You certainly do not want that to happen is not a natural disaster?
However, our country lies in the path of the Mediterranean unstable young folds, then such natural disasters can not be avoided.
Natural disasters resulting in loss of property, residence, valuables, and even lives. You should be able to handle natural disaster, for it is well check out my learning.
Flooding is just one of the many natural disasters that often occur. Flood itself means the overflow of river water into the areas through which the river flows.
This situation is created because the capacity is not sufficient river water with the water volume. As we know that one of the properties of water are looking for a low, then the river that floods will inundate the area in its path.
Flooding is mainly due to human activity itself that did not keep their environment. Flooding is frequent, especially during the rainy season with frequent and heavy intensity. The area being flooded, especially in the area around the stream.
However, areas away from the river was sometimes affected by the flooding also when rainfall comes continuously and rivers no longer able to accommodate the number of rainwater.
The floods that came certainly did not expect, but when floods happen to us, of course we can not simply remain silent and resigned to deal with it.
There are many ways to deal with the flood,
Among them are:
- Save valuables – Save the people we love afterwards if possible please also people around where we live
- Move essential items such as electronic goods, bedding, and household appliance to a higher place, for example the second floor or attic.
- If we do not have an attic then take away essential items such as blankets, money, jewelry, and food ingredients as much as possible.
Prevent Flooding There’s a phrase better to prevent than cure. It is an expression
wise to remember prevention is easier than cure itself. It can be applied in terms of flood prevention.
There are some efforts to prevent flooding, namely:
- Throw garbage in its place
- Cleaning drains around our homes
- Held a voluntary work to clean up the waterways in our village
- Hold social events to clean up rivers
- Planting trees to help absorb rainwater
- Provide land as land to absorb water in times of rain, in other words, not brick up all the land around the house, some of them are left in the form of land.
- Construct wells to collect rainwater catchment.
Earthquakes are natural disasters that occur due to natural processes and not caused by human hand. Based on the cause of earthquakes can be divided into two tectonic and volcanic earthquakes.
1. Tectonic earthquake
Tectonic earthquake occurred due to a shift in the earth’s crust. This earthquake can be small and large scale. Small-scale earthquake is generally only a small vibrations in the area around the epicenter.
While large-scale earthquake in the form of vibrations or big shock accompanied breakdown or collapse of buildings around the epicenter.
Tectonic earthquakes can not be anticipated in advance because it comes suddenly, and there are no specific signs before they occur. If the tectonic come especially large-scale earthquake is then possible to save the stuff is very small.
2. Volcanic Earthquake (volcano)
Volcanic earthquake was an earthquake due to volcanic eruptions. Volcanic earthquakes occurred close to the volcano, and has the shape of an elongated rift same tectonic earthquakes.
Volcanic earthquakes caused by the movement of magma upward inside the volcano, where the shear on the cobblestones produce earthquakes. The earthquake was measured by using a tool called Estimator Richter. Earthquakes are divided into a scale from one (1) to nine (9) based on its size (magnitude).
The earthquake can not be determined when it happened, but we can do something if the earthquake hits. There are several ways to deal with it, namely:
1. If we are in the room
- Stay away from items that easily fall, such as a closet and chandelier
- Turn off the stove when you’re cooking, and also turn off other electronic equipment to prevent fires.
- Also avoid fragile items, such as glass and windows.
- Take refuge under a table or other places that are protected from the possible collapse of the goods.
- Protect your head from possible falling objects that we do not want
2. If we are outdoors
- Stay away from tall trees, and power lines.
- Look for an open area such as a field or other place away from trees and tall buildings.
- Protect your head from possible falling objects that we do not want
3. If we were in a vehicle
- Immediately stop the vehicle in the open.
- Stay away from trees, power poles, billboards and tall buildings.
- Do not stop under the bridge, either overpass or bridge crossing.
- Protect your head from possible falling objects we do not want.
4 Preparation for emergencies
- Provide drinking water for emergency purposes. Used bottles of mineral water can be used to store drinking water. Drinking water requirements are usually 2 to 3 liters a day for one person.
- Setting up a backpack containing (or rechargeable) goods that are needed in refugee camps.
Items that are indispensable in emergency situations, for example:
• Flashlight following its reserve battery
• Drinking water
• Box P3K contain painkillers, plasters, bandages, etc.
• durable food such as biscuits
• A number of cash
• Saving book
• Valuables should be taken in case of an emergency
The most important thing of all was more to our own private is do not panic facing this earthquake. Stay calm and do not rush, do so with the full calculation. If the need to evacuate; keep to the appointed place and do not approach the lower regions like the sea, to avoid the occurrence of a tsunami.
C. Mount erupts
For the people living in the surrounding mountains, especially the volcano, the mountain erupted possibility is always there. In general, the mountain will not erupt immediately regurgitate material they contain. Mountain would erupt have certain signs.
Such signs include:
1. The occurrence of earthquakes that repeatedly
2. Many animals are leaving the forest around the mountain
3. The air around the mountain became very hot
4. Mount remove dust and smoke continuously
5. Mount discharge-melt or cold lava lava
6. There was a smell of sulfur was overpowering If you already know that the mountain would erupt in your area then you should be evacuated in accordance with government directives.
Have you seen the impact of the tsunami in Aceh in 2004 ago? Depressing is not it? Many children were separated from both parents, or parents who lost their children and other family. There is no longer a place to stay, the property of floating, even the lives of thousands of victims.
The tsunami wave is a wave that occurs after an earthquake under the sea or an avalanche below sea level. This resulted in a large sea wave with a height up to 30 meters or more in the middle of the sea.
Things that can be done if a tsunami occurs is as follows:
- If we are on the coast or near rivers, sekuatkuatnya immediately ran to higher ground. If possible, ran towards a nearby hill.
- If the situation allows, go to the evacuation has been specified.
- If the situation does not allow it to go to the evacuation site, look for multi-storey buildings are reinforced, use the emergency stairs to get to the top floor (at least up to the 3rd floor).
- If the situation allows, wear a rain jacket and make sure hands free and do not bring anything.
The landslide is a geological event in which the movement of the ground as the fall of large rocks or clumps of soil. The main cause of the landslide was heavy rain in the area having a steep slope.
A high area with steep slopes and the absence of trees due to illegal logging resulted in landslides that hit the area beneath.
This avalanche of events is often not realized by people who live in hilly or mountainous areas denuded or less have a strong soil resistance.
Landslides also caused a lot of work of human hands could not keep the environment. Avalanche also resulted in many casualties is not small.
Things – things to know or do in order to prevent the occurrence of landslides are:
– Do not cut down trees without the accompaniment of replanting
– Make a planting or reforestation in deforested areas
– Understand the importance of the tree – the tree as retaining rainwater
– Learn to love and preserve the environment in order to remain fresh and beautiful